|Type:||Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD)|
|FDA:||Designated a class II medical device by the FDA|
|Price:||$9.95 (trial) + $79.95|
|Money back:||Yes, 30 days (trial period)|
|Company name:||Sleeping Well LLC|
|Business address:||5247 Shelburne Road Shelburne, VT 05482-7041|
(A to F):
The ZQuiet mouthpiece is a Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD) created to reduce snoring. It is also designed to help reduce breathing problems during sleep like in sleep apnea. According to my research, this product is one of the top selling anti-snoring devices available in the market today.
ZQuiet continues to gain popularity among people with snoring and sleep-related breathing problems. It stands now with a 9.8 rating among other products of its kind and considered as one of the best-selling MAD in the market.
Pros & Cons
This product possesses high quality and practicality. Just to be fair, let me point out its positives and negatives. These can help you see the device’s potentials so you can decide wisely. I’ve listed down its pros and cons below.
Pros (Advantages) of ZQuiet Snoring Aid
- Made of a soft medical grade, BPA-free, and latex-free material that’s non-irritating to use.
- Flexible due to its Living Hinge Technology feature and lets you move your mouth making speaking easy while wearing the device.
- Designated by the FDA as a class II medical device.
- Its airflow ports help you breathe while you sleep by keeping the mouth slightly opened for proper airflow.
- Cleanable with dish soap and a toothbrush.
- The product comes in a package of two mouthpieces to give you options when one does not work.
- No required fitting process as the material can be filed and trimmed if it’s too big.
- It’s price-worthy, comfortable and easy to use, durable, and effective.
Cons (Drawbacks) of ZQuiet Snoring Aid
- Not good if you wear it with loose or weak teeth and dentures.
- Its one-size-fits-all feature does not work as is because there’s no option if it’s too small, though it may be trimmed and filed if too big.
- One of its uncomfortable effects for first-timers or non-users is jaw soreness.
- Many customers who bought it pointed out its short lifespan before it needs replacement.
Who is ZQuiet Snoring Aid good for?
ZQuiet is one for those who suffer from mild cases of obstructive sleep apnea or other snoring and breathing problems related to sleeping. This FDA-approved device helps people to have better and peaceful sleep at night, thus reducing daytime sleepiness.
This product is best for those who are mouth breathers (people who usually breathe through their mouth when sleeping) or have stuffy nose so need to breathe through the mouth.
The product is also good for anyone who needs it because it promotes a ‘one size fits all’ feature. However, if it does not fit snugly, it can be filed and trimmed if it’s too big.
Who should not use ZQuiet Snoring Aid?
As I’ve stated in the pros and cons section of this article, ZQuiet is not recommended for those who wear dentures and with weak or loose teeth. It may be made of a flexible material but because of its built that fully covers the teeth area, it might not be good with dentures, loose, or weak teeth.
If you have bridgeworks, braces or retainers, teeth crowns and the likes, you may want to reconsider other options like the customized ones. It’s still best to consult your dentist to be sure before using this product.
Features of the ZQuiet Snoring Aid
- ZQuiet features a hinged connection at the back or between the upper and lower parts. This Living Hinge Technology gives its flexibility for ease of movement and comfort.
- It comes in two mouthpieces per package for different choices and suitability of the user. One comes with the slight lower jaw advancement while the other has a farther or more advancement for holding the jaw forward.
- Unlike other MADs, ZQuiet is softer and more flexible with an FDA approval for its thermoplastic elastomer material. It is safe to use right away from its packaging and no pre-soaking is needed.
- It also features the airflow posts which ensure that the mouth does not close for continued breathing and non-blockage of the oral air passage. It’s good for users with nasal decongestion thus breathing orally.
Living Hinge Technology of ZQuiet Snoring Aid
Its Living Hinge Technology gives it an extra advantage among other jaw retaining devices. The hinge at the back part of the mouthpiece connects and holds together the upper and lower jaws. This gives ZQuiet the flexibility that lets any user have that ease of jaw movement. It’s the first ever mouthpiece that possesses this kind of features.
Background and Credibility of ZQuiet Snoring Aid
Sleeping Well LLC is ZQuiet’s manufacturer. Sleeping Well is a reputable company. It bears an A+ rating and accreditation from the Better Business Bureau.
FDA designated ZQuiet as a class II medical device. The device has been put to the test and proven safe, effective, and convenient to use.
Sleeping Well offers ZQuiet with a 30-day trial period for $9.95. Its full price is $89.90 (trial price included) plus the shipping fees. The full price will only be charged to your account after the 30-day trial period. If you chose to return the product before the trial period elapses, only the trial price and shipping fees are charged on you.
You may have heard or read some problems related to ZQuiet but its manufacturer had seen to it that everything has been dealt with effectively. Based on studies and reviews, this product has proven its worth and effectiveness so far.
How is ZQuiet Snoring Aid different?
ZQuiet differ from other devices or mouthpieces of its kind due to its Living Hinge Technology. Its softness and flexibility set it apart from other MADs. It no pre-soaking property makes it different also. You just need to literally “pop it in” as according to its ad. There’s no need for pre-soaking or “blanching” it with hot or warm water before its initial use.
It also comes in two pieces with different lower jaw advancements for you to choose from. Size A has the slight lower jaw advancement while size B has a more advanced lower jar for a more distant jaw retaining hold. The device has also a ‘one size fits all’ feature.
User Experience of ZQuiet Snoring Aid
I don’t have any personal experience of the product but my friend’s cousin does. He’s a big guy who happens to have snoring and breathing problems during his sleep. ZQuiet has helped improve his breathing upon using it. His snoring was also noticeably reduced according to him.
What he likes most about the product is that it’s so soft and flexible that he can talk and drink even when it’s still inside his mouth. He said that even if he felt a little awkward on first use, but the discomfort eventually subsides the next day when he already got used to the device.
ZQuiet literally lives up to its slogan of just “pop it in” because he didn’t have to soak it with anything before using for the first time. All he did was to wear it right away after opening and taking it out of its packaging.
He used the mouthpiece with the slight advancement at first and it served him well. He switched to the one with a more advanced lower jaw later on as he discovered that it suits him perfectly. It truly helped reduce his snoring and improve his sleeping patterns.
Based on all the facts presented, ZQuiet earns a fair share of popularity and quality. The device poses fairly in comfort, style, and quality from among the other leading anti-snore mouthpieces in the market. This product passes every possible test that any mandibular advancement splint or device should withstand. It stands out among the others of its kind, and it’s truly effective.
ZQuiet is proven and tested to live up to its reputation and credibility as a snoring solution. Try it now to find out how good it is and if it truly suits your preferences.