When I came across My Snoring Solution it immediately fascinated me. I have only tried MAD so far, and I never knew that non-intrusive options existed for snoring. So I ordered this right away for Casey to test it out. For a piece of cloth it sure looked expensive but I had to try it out to know how effective it was. And I am happy to report it worked! Yes indeed it did.
Now let’s dive into the detailed review of My Snoring Solution
My Snoring Solution is an anti-snoring chinstrap invented by Stephen Matthews, someone who used to suffer from sleep apnea himself. It helps to eliminate snoring by keeping the lower jaw in a forward position to help open up the airways and to keep the tongue away from vibrating against the back of the throat.
My Snoring Solution is available in three flexible sizes and can be purchased online or by calling a live operator.
Pros (Advantages) of My Snoring Solution
- My Snoring solution is easy to wear as it slips into your head without any trouble, and the slit around the ears helps keep the chinstrap in place.
- It comes in three sizes: small for people weighing 120 pounds and below, medium for those weighing between 120 and 250 pounds, and large for those weighing above 250 pounds.
- My Snoring Solution allows users to talk and drink without causing any strain around the jaw area, but nonetheless keeps the mouth comfortably shut during sleep.
- Other snoring aids would require special handling care, but My Snoring Aid can easily be stored like any piece of clothing and can handle normal wear-and-tear.
- The product is made of cloth-like fabric which is machine-washable.
- This product can be shipped worldwide and offers a 90-day money back guarantee.
- No downtime, as soon as you get it, you can just slip on and hit the sack. Other MAD devices which use the boil-and-bite technique require considerable setup time.
- Almost 0 maintenance. Unlike MAD devices which require regular cleaning with brush, My Snoring Solution is virtually maintenance free. Just toss it in the washing machine with your clothes and it will be as good as new again.
Cons (Disadvantages) of My Snoring Solution
- For something that’s made of fabric, the price of the My Snoring Solution at around $120, plus shipping and handling fees, certainly feels steep. However they are offering one plus one free currently, so you get 2 My Snoring Solution Chinstrap at the cost of one. A deal worth grabbing while it lasts!
- The chinstrap keeps the mouth closed, which is not advisable for people who breathe through their mouths because of sinuses and other nasal conditions.
- This product has not yet been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Messy hairs! This might seem as a strange one, but it comes from the practical experience. The Chinstrap’s portion that slips onto your hair can cause your hairs to get seriously messed up by morning. Casey absolutely hated this part of My Snoring Solution. And if you are women with long hair then it will surely make you cringe in the morning!
Who Is My Snoring Solution Good for?
If you are an open mouth snorer, then My Snoring Solution is the perfect fit for you. It will help keep your mouth shut, so no snoring sound is produced from your mouth.
When I reviewed SnoreX and some other bite and boil snoring aids Casey was clearly uncomfortable and apprehensive of the boil-and-bite technique, and his this apprehension is shared by many snorers across the world. So if you are one of them, who is keen to avoid all the hassle and heat of the boil-and-bite MAD then My Snoring Solution is perfect for you.
If you don’t like the intrusive stuff like tongue retaining devices (TRDs) and mandibular advancement devices (MADs), which may leave your mouth and jaw feeling sore in the morning, My Snoring Solution is what you need. Similarly, if you’ve recently had dental work done, you would want to avoid snoring aids that go into your mouth; thus, My Snoring Solution is the better alternative.
This chinstrap is also good for people who prefer low maintenance snoring aids. MADs and TRDs require proper handling, storage, and sanitary preparation before it can be used. To some, the process can be quite tedious and time-consuming, especially if you’re already tired from all the day’s work. On the other hand, the chinstrap can be stored in drawers, can be easily worn, and only requires washing from time to time.
Who Should Not Use My Snoring Solution?
Some of us tend to sleep with our mouths open – either due to allergies, sinuses, nasal polyps, or other similar conditions. Unfortunately, My Snoring Solution will keep your mouth closed, so it is not recommended for those who breathe through their mouths while sleeping.
Features of the My Snoring Solution
My Snoring Solution is classified as a chinstrap or jaw supporter. It is made up of comfortable and flexible fabric that easily fits into your head. It has two slits on the sides that fit around your ears. These slits keep the chinstrap in place despite your tossing and tumbling throughout the night.
The lower strap covers the entirety of the lower jaw, to make sure that it effectively holds the jaw forward while keeping the mouth closed. This position ensures that the soft tissue does not collapse toward the back of the throat and cause a blockage of the airway. The upper strap comfortably goes around the head, so you won’t expect any headache in the morning.
Background and Credibility of My Snoring Solution
Stephen Matthews came up with My Snoring Solution after he almost died from an episode of obstructive sleep apnea. He was convinced that what would stop his airways from being blocked was a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine, so he was determined to get one later that day. The technician informed him that a prescription is required in order to buy the machine, and in order to obtain that prescription, he had to participate in a polysomnography or sleep study.
The frustration began when the doctor informed him that, on average, a sleep study would take around three months. Thinking that three months of sleepless nights may be too much, he devoted his time studying how he can improve his sleep. He discovered that obstructive sleep apnea was a result of a mechanical failure of the jaw to keep the mouth closed during sleep.
The discovery led him to create a makeshift head wrap with slits around the ear area which was comfortable enough to talk and eat with, but sturdy enough to keep the jaw in place while he sleeps. Thus, My Snoring Solution was born.
For ten years, My Snoring Solution went through evaluation and constant upgrades to ensure that the product remains as a comfortable and effective snoring aid. My Snoring Solution has also been through Clinical Trials for its effectiveness in controlling snoring.
How Is My Snoring Solution different From Other Snoring Aids?
With the abundance of MADs and TRDs on the market, chinstraps are often pushed back on the popularity scale. However, what people don’t know is that these chinstraps offer more comfort than their boil-and-bite counterparts. The following are reasons that make My Snoring Solution stand above other snoring aids:
- My Snoring Solution does not require anything to be placed into your mouth while you sleep, so you won’t feel any soreness around the mouth and jaw area in the morning. This soreness is quite common when using mouthpiece snoring aids like MADs and TRDs.
- It comfortably keeps the mouth closed while also tilting the lower jaw upward, so the soft tissue does not collapse and block the airways.
- The fabric used for this product does not get stained easily and is machine-washable, so cleaning is not a problem.
- My Snoring Solution offers a 90-day money back guarantee, so sceptical customers get to try it first before they get credited with the purchase price.
- When you purchase this product, you get freebies like the 7 Steps to Sleep Success and The American Medical Review DVD
My Experience of My Snoring Solution
My Snoring Solution instantly appealed to me, because it is non-intrusive. I am not a fan of inserting things into my body, however helpful they may be. So My Snoring Solution was right up my alley.
Ordering was not a problem since you can buy the product online. Customer service representatives are also always available so concerns can easily be voiced out. I ordered it online and the process went smoothly.
My only grouse is that under the 1+1 free offer, they allow you to purchase 2 chinstraps of the same size only. In my case I intended one for my husband Casey and another for his brother they are both built similar so 1 size fit them both. But in case you have more than 1 snorer in the house, and wish to use the 1+1 offer to get 2 different sizes, it’s sadly not possible.
Casey found the chinstrap to be extremely comfortable. The fabric is soft and breathable. It did make him look funny, kind of like a jaw fracture victim 🙂 but hey, if I sleep soundly (without being disturbed by the snoring) I won’t really have to look at him at night so looks are not high concern here.
It was comfortable for Casey to talk and drink water with the strap on, we tried kissing, but that’s a no go. So basically if you are in mood for some romance, ditch the strap, finish the action and then slip it on again for the snooze time.
I did sleep comfortably, not a peep from Casey and the best part Casey too slept well. For the 1st time he had no jaw soreness no pains after trying a snoring aid for the 1st time! He loved My Snoring Solution. His face felt normal, no itching no rashes from the chinstrap. However the love lasted only until Casey hit the bathroom. When he saw what the Chinstrap had done to his hairs, all love was lost. There was a dent in the hairs where the chinstrap went over his hairs, and no amount of coaxing helped the hairs. Finally a shower and a dryer is what made things well again.
To sum it up, My Snoring Solution is very effective. However be ready for a shower every morning after you use it.
My Snoring Solution was founded by an OSA sufferer, so you might be tempted to try it out for your OSA. However this is something I wouldn’t recommend. If you have been diagnosed as suffering from OSA, try any snoring aid only after your doctor recommends it. OSA is significantly more life threating condition and should be handled under a doctor’s supervision only.
If you are a snorer, and a mouth snorer at that, then do give My Snoring Solution a try. I loved it, Casey did and many others too. Maybe the hairs will feel a low price to pay for an uninterrupted night of sleep and a soreness free jaw.
|Price:||Buy one get 1 free at $119.97 ( Shipping and handling extra)|
|Money back:||Yes, 90 days|
|Company name:||My Snoring Solution|
|PO Box 509, Lillian, AL 36549-0509
|BBB accredited:||Not Accredited|
(A to F):
|Not Applicable, since no accredition|
|Adjustable:||No. But available in 3 different sizes as per weight.|